Indian Head Massage
...with an advanced massage therapist
1. Indian Head Massage is a wonderful way to relax and unwind.
Indian Head Massage is a wonderfully relaxing and invigorating treatment. I do IHM treatments with the recipient laid flat/slightly inclined on the couch to allow for maximum relaxation rather than in a chair...it gives the treatment a whole different feel and allows me to do a detailed face / jaw / neck / upper back massage as part of it.
2. How can Indian Head Massage help me?
- Mental fatigue
3. What happens during a session?
At the first session a written consultation is undertaken in a relaxed, friendly environment this takes around 15 minutes. The treatment is performed in a laid flat, face up slightly inclined position on a very comfortable heated spa massage couch...this is a much more comfortable and relaxing way to receive head massage than the normal method of sitting in a chair. You are wrapped in a warm blanket/towel for the treatment.
During the treatment I work with hot oil across the shoulders, upper chest, upper back, upper arms, neck, head and face/jaw using a combination of deep relaxing body and head/face massage techniques....and also lifting and scrubbing techniques for the hair. At the end a hot towel is placed over your head/face for a few minutes whilst you absorb the benefits of the treatment.
4. How long are treatments?
The first appointment is 60 minutes including consultation, further treatments can be 60 or 45 minutes.
5. Therapy Room
I work from home and have created a bright, uplifting therapy studio. The massage couch I use is a fully electric - height / back rest / knee lift - adjustable thickly padded, extra wide, heated spa couch. Changing facilities are provided in the therapy room which is closed off by screened doors whilst you prepare for your treatment.
6. 2018 Price List & Treatment Options
Treatments are undertaken from an uplifting, smart dedicated therapy space located at the following address within the Historic Market town of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
'Corner Cottage', No 2 Pasture Terrace, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 8DR' (opposite number 35 Pasture Terrace)
There is normally plenty of street parking available for up to 2 hours..
7. Booking an appointment or making a general enquiry
Text message is the best way to contact me, I can usually reply between appointments.
Andrew Brown - NAMMT (RMAdv)
Professional Associations - Registered Member Of
- NAMMT - National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists
Qualifications & TrainingAdvanced
- Hendrickson Method Practitioner (level 5)
- Advanced Remedial Massage Diploma - Northern Institute of Massage (level 5)
- Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage (to Therapy 1)
- Level 4 Sports Massage & Sports Injury Management (ITEC)
- Advanced Strategies in Deep Tissue Massage & Myofascial Release (Art Riggs)
- Provision of Remedial Exercise
- Introduction to Strength & Conditioning
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Somatic Movement Coaching HSE Level 1
- Tui Na - CPD
- Holistic (Swedish) Massage ITEC Level 3
- Aromatherapy Pre-blends ITEC Level 3
- Onsite Chair Massage
- Detox Massage
- Thai Massage (Levels 1 & 2)
- Hawaiian Facial Massage
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage Diploma
- Reiki Level 1 & 2 since 1999 ...Master/Teacher Level since 2006
- EFT Advanced Therapist
- Traditional Ear Candling