Tui-Na - Chinese Massage & Manual Therapy
One of the most complete and effective bodywork systems available, Tui-Na is over 4000 years old and is used in Chinese hospitals everyday.
1. Who can benefit from Tui-Na?
Regular clients include...
- OFFICE WORKERS ..neck, shoulders and low back pain, headaches / migraines
- SOLDIERS…muscle strains
- ATHLETES…Sprains and Strains, performance enhancement
- FARMERS ... back back, shoulders, neck pain
- HAIRDRESSERS ...beck, shoulders, back pain, frozen shoulder
- LONG DISTANCE DRIVERS ...Sciatica and low back pain, disc problems
- NEW PARENTS ...Muscle strains from carrying youngster
- BUILDERS / MANUAL LABOURERS ...back pain, hip pain and injury
- MASSAGE & BEAUTY THERAPISTS ...mid back and low back pain and tension
- ARTHRITIS SUFFERS ...inflammation and pain with restricted movement...hands, back, neck
2. How does Tui-Na differ from other forms of bodywork?
The Foundation of Tui-Na is a combination of addressing both the energy (Meridian) channels of the body (same as acupuncture) and the physical body through the release of the bodies sinew channels. It utilises a combination of rolling/rocking techniques and joint mobilisations and articulations together with the vigorous massage of over 100 acupoints to clear blocked channels in the body restoring the flow of Qi (pronounced Chee) ...or life force... through these channels which in turns restores health and mobility. It is performed with the recipient fully clothed.
3. Tui-Na / Chinese Massage & Manual Therapy, benefits
When used as an on-going management tool the benefits include:
- Improved range and ease of motion of joints and limbs
- Increased energy levels
- Reduction in pain, reduction in inflammation
- Acceleration of soft tissue healing... improved Qi flow
- Improvement in overall well-being and enjoyment of life
- Very effective for all types of headaches
- Reduces stress, tension
4. What happens during an appointment ?
At the first appointment a comprehensive consultation is undertaken to screen out anything which may require medical intervention or a different type of therapy. This is followed by an assessment of the areas of discomfort and a general postural assessment to help identify areas of imbalance across the body, also some questions about lifestyle which may indicate other imbalances in the bodies meridian channels or energetic balance in general (Yin-Yang). The information is recorded and used to formulate the treatment plan; this usually takes around 20/25 minutes.
Tui-Na can be very deep or light as you prefer.
Elderly or disabled clients whom I have not seen before need to be accompanied by a chaperone.
5. "How many appointments will I need and how long are they ?"
The first appointment is usually 60 minutes in length and includes consultation / assessment / therapy. For example chronic neck and shoulder tightness and tension headaches can often ease significantly after two to three treatments. Regular Tui-Na promotes health and well-being with improved Qi flow that translates into more energy, freedom of movement and quality of life.
6. Therapy Room
I work from home and have a light and bright dedicated therapy room with a fully adjustable, heated electric couch with extra thick comfort padding and comfort headrest to allow for extended treatments of 90 minutes and two hours.
7. 2021 Prices and Appointment times
Mon / Tues / Thurs / Fri ....& every 4th Saturday...
...9am / 11am / 1pm / 3pm / 4.30pm
All therapies charged at the same rate :
60 minutes ….. £55
90 minutes ….. £75
All major cards, Apple Pay, Bank Transfer, Cash
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING :
- Cancellation Charges ... unless the appointment can be filled
- Less than 48 hours 50%
- Less than 24 hours 100%
- Missed appointments 100%
8. Booking an appointment or making a general enquiry
Text message is the best way to contact me, I can usually reply between appointments.
9. Qualifications and Training
Andrew Brown - NAMMT (RMAdv), Dip. Tui Na F BH®
Professional Associations - Registered Member Of
- NAMMT - National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists
- CNHC - Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council
Qualifications & TrainingAdvanced
- Tui-Na / Chinese Massage and Manual Therapy Foundation Diploma (Body Harmonics)
- Hendrickson Method Practitioner (level 5)
- Advanced Remedial Massage Diploma - Northern Institute of Massage (level 5)
- Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage (to Therapy 1)
- Level 4 Sports Massage & Sports Injury Management (ITEC)
- Advanced Strategies in Deep Tissue Massage & Myofascial Release (Art Riggs)
- Provision of Remedial Exercise
- Introduction to Strength & Conditioning
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Somatic Movement Coaching HSE Level 1
- Tui Na - CPD introduction (Gateway)
- Holistic (Swedish) Massage ITEC Level 3
- Aromatherapy Pre-blends ITEC Level 3
- Onsite Chair Massage
- Detox Massage
- Thai Massage (Levels 1 & 2)
- Hawaiian Facial Massage
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage Diploma
- Reiki Level 1 & 2 since 1999 ...Master/Teacher Level since 2006
- EFT Advanced Therapist
- Traditional Ear Candling
- ‘Pregnancy Massage’ gateway