Lomi Lomi Nui
1. How can Lomi Lomi Massage help me?
Lomi Lomi Massage is an ancient healing art that forms part of the Hawaiian Huna tradition of healing, self awareness and well-being. Lomi Lomi is traditionally used to help restore balance and release blockages from the physical and energetic bodies.
( A popular 2 hour option is ... '30 minutes Deep Tissue Massage for the whole back' ... 'followed by a deeply relaxing and nurturing 90 minute full body Lomi-Lomi treatment' )
2. How does Lomi Lomi Massage Therapy Differ from other types of massage?
Hawaiian Lomi Lomi (Kahuna) Massage & Training - Essential Bodywork
Lomi Massage/ Kahuna Bodywork
Lomi Lomi is a whole body, supportive, nurturing and intuitive massage which begins with a silent prayer for the healing and well-being of the recipient. Different areas of the body are massaged at the same time helping the mind relax and let-go, the underside of the body is massaged in combination with breath work and passive stretching to release physical, energetic and emotional tension.
3. Lomi Lomi Massage treatment has many benefits...
Helps gently harmonise the whole being, the treatment is performed within a deep healing space.
Gentle mobilisation of limbs and spine creates a profoundly relaxing and nurturing effect.
4. What happens during a Lomi Lomi Massage session?
At the first appointment a short consultation is undertaken to discuss and highlight areas of physical and emotional tension. The massage is performed on a heated, massage couch with extra thick padding and electrically adjustable back and leg section to make you as comfortable as possible. A sarong is used to cover the body (paper pants can be provided). To begin with a silent prayer is offered followed by the inhaling of Frankincense essential oil vapour to open the airways. The massage then begins with warm oil drizzled over the whole body. Lomi Lomi massage is intuitive, covering the whole body with a combination of long and short rhythmic wave like strokes...using the forearm and hands...massaging under and over the body...with joint stretches and articulations. Deep breathing to help let go of tension is interspersed throughout the massage. If time allows an Indian Head and Face Massage is performed towards the end. The last ten minutes is used to help you settle and rest as deeply as possible, you are covered with a blanket and have hot towels placed over your head/face and left to rest quietly listening to relaxing music.
Shower facilities are available, please let me know in advance.
5. How many sessions will I need & how long are treatments?
Lomi Lomi can be enjoyed as often as you like... Lomi treatments can be 60, 90 or 120 minutes.
6. Therapy Room
I work from home and have created a bright, uplifting therapy studio. The massage couch I use is a fully electric - height / back rest / knee lift - adjustable thickly padded, extra wide, heated spa couch. Changing facilities are provided in the therapy room which is closed off by screened doors whilst you prepare for your treatment.
7. 2018 Price List & Treatment Options
Treatments are undertaken from an uplifting, smart dedicated therapy space located at the following address within the Historic Market town of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
'Corner Cottage', No 2 Pasture Terrace, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 8DR' (opposite number 35 Pasture Terrace)
There is normally plenty of street parking available for up to 2 hours..
8. Booking an appointment or making a general enquiry
Text message is the best way to contact me, I can usually reply between appointments.
Andrew Brown - NAMMT (RMAdv)
Professional Associations - Registered Member Of
- NAMMT - National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists
Qualifications & TrainingAdvanced
- Hendrickson Method Practitioner (level 5)
- Advanced Remedial Massage Diploma - Northern Institute of Massage (level 5)
- Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage (to Therapy 1)
- Level 4 Sports Massage & Sports Injury Management (ITEC)
- Advanced Strategies in Deep Tissue Massage & Myofascial Release (Art Riggs)
- Provision of Remedial Exercise
- Introduction to Strength & Conditioning
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Somatic Movement Coaching HSE Level 1
- Tui Na - CPD
- Holistic (Swedish) Massage ITEC Level 3
- Aromatherapy Pre-blends ITEC Level 3
- Onsite Chair Massage
- Detox Massage
- Thai Massage (Levels 1 & 2)
- Hawaiian Facial Massage
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage Diploma
- Reiki Level 1 & 2 since 1999 ...Master/Teacher Level since 2006
- EFT Advanced Therapist
- Traditional Ear Candling