Massage and Manual Therapy
This can be a combination of …or …just one of the following depending upon your preferences or requirements :
- ADVANCED REMEDIAL MASSAGE
- SPORTS MASSAGE
- HENDRICKSON METHOD OF MASSAGE & MANUAL THERAPY for Orthopaedic Conditions
- TUI-NA (Chinese Medical Massage)
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE - and fascial release
- SOMATIC MOVEMENT exercises
- REMEDIAL EXERCISE
1. Who can benefit from ‘Massage and Manual Therapy’ ?
Regular clients include amongst others …
- OFFICE WORKERS ..neck, shoulders and low back pain, headaches / migranes
- FARMERS ... back back, shoulders, neck pain
- HAIRDRESSERS ...beck, shoulders, back pain, frozen shoulder
- LONG DISTANCE DRIVERS ...Sciatica and low back pain, disc problems
- NEW PARENTS ...Muscle strains from carrying youngster
- BUILDERS / MANUAL LABOURERS ...back pain, hip pain and injury
- MASSAGE & BEAUTY THERAPISTS ...mid back and low back pain and tension
- ARTHRITIS SUFFERS ...inflammation and pain with restricted movement...hands, back, neck
- ATHLETES …from runners, golfers through to horseriders and triathletes
- SOLDIERS ... muscle strains
2. How does this type of bodywork differ from other forms of massage?
This is much more than a relaxation / spa style massage. An orthopaedic style assessment process is used to rule out anything which may require medical attention or a different type of therapy such as Physiotherapy. This information is used to create a specific treatment plan which is reviewed according to your needs as the treatments progress over time.
Here is a brief overview of each type of therapy I use …
- ADVANCED REMEDIAL MASSAGE … utilises focused, deep, soft tissue massage and joint mobilisation techniques to help ‘remedy’ a musculoskeletal problem.
- SPORTS MASSAGE …a version of remedial massage which has a sports specific focus such as pre-event, inter-event, post-event and associated injuries and support of.
- HENDRICKSON METHOD… of Massage and Manual Therapy for Orthopaedic conditions…a unique and highly effective system that combines joint mobilisation, muscle energy techniques and soft tissue massage into one.
- TUI-NA / Chinese Medical Massage … a system of massage and manual therapy which includes working on acupuncture points with a kneading pressure to create a more specific and deeper release of tension and imbalance.
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE .. and fascial release … a very slow deep massage, typically uses a massage wax for greater grip and slower glide. Works the deeper connective tissue (fascia).
- SOMATIC MOVEMENT ...gentle and very safe home exercise movements for quickly and easily releasing muscle tension.
- REMEDIAL EXERCISE … simple home stretching and strengthening exercises, sometimes using resistance bands.
3. Massage and Manual Therapy benefits
- Improved range of motion of joints and limbs
- Catching and resolving minor musculoskeletal issues before they develop into something more
- Acceleration of soft tissue healing
- Reduction of inflammation
- Reduction of pain
- Reduction of muscle spasm which can interfere with normal posture and movement
- Improvement in overall well-being and enjoyment of life
4. What happens during an appointment ?
At the first appointment a consultation is undertaken to screen out anything which may require medical intervention or a different type of therapy such as physiotherapy, acupuncture etc. This is followed by an assessment of the areas of discomfort and a general postural assessment, orthopaedic / special tests can be used to further help identify areas of imbalance across the body. The information is recorded and used to formulate the treatment plan; this usually takes 20 minutes. This is followed by hands on treatment using one or a combination of the above mentioned massage techniques.
5. "How many appointments will I need and how long are they ?"
This depends on the severity of the problem. The first appointment is usually 60 minutes in length and includes consultation / assessment / treatment…this can be 90 minutes if preferred. Chronic neck and shoulder tightness / pain with tension headaches can often ease significantly after one or two treatments. A lot of clients come in for maintenance massage to help with long-term issues and for general well-being, this varies from every couple of weeks up to 6 week intervals.
Regular maintenance massage significantly helps with the management of long-term issues of musculoskeletal discomfort and tension …giving an overall improvement in well-being.
6. Therapy Room
I work from home and have a light and bright dedicated therapy room with a fully adjustable, heated electric couch with extra thick comfort padding and comfort headrest to allow for extended treatments of up to 90 minutes.
7. Booking an appointment
Message - Text 07747 842 748 or e-mail – email@example.com - (or call) with your name and best contact details, include potential times and dates you would like an appointment, the type of massage treatment you are looking for and for how long (60 or 90 minutes); give a brief description what you are looking for help with. I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.
MON / TUES / WED / THURS
9.00am - 60 minutes
10.30am - 60 minutes
12.00am - 60 minutes
… two afternoon appointments are available from 2.00pm onwards for ….60 / 90. Last appointment of the day finishes at 5.30pm.
All therapies charged at the same rate unless indicated otherwise
60 minutes ….. £55
90 minutes ….. £80
All major cards, Apple Pay, Bank Transfer, Cash
PLEASE ONLY ARRIVE AT YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME, NOT BEFORE. IF YOU HAVE ANY COVID SYMPTOMS OR A COUGH OR COLD PLEASE RESCHEDULE. PLEASE WEAR A MASK
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING :Cancellation Charges
- Less than 48 hours notice, 50% of appointment fee.
- Less than 24 hours notice, 100% of appointment fee.
- Missed appointments, 100% of appointment fee.
Elderly or disabled clients need to be accompanied by a chaperone
8. Qualifications and Training
Andrew Brown - NAMMT (RMAdv), Dip. Tui Na F BH®
Professional Associations - Registered Member Of
- NAMMT - National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists
Qualifications & TrainingAdvanced
- Sports Massage (VTCT level 5, ITEC level 4)
- Advanced Remedial Massage (Northern Institute of Massage level 5)
- Hendrickson Method Practitioner (level 5)
- Tui-Na (Foundation Diploma)
- Dr. Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Somatic Movement Coaching
- Holistic Massage (ITEC level 3)
- Aromatherapy Pre-blends (ITEC level 3)
- Onsite chair massage
- Thai Massage (Gateway Level 1 & 2)
- Lomi-Lomi (Diploma - Infinity Training Academy)
- Reiki (Master Teacher)
- EFT (Advanced Therapist)
- Traditional ear candling
- Pregnancy Massage (Gateway Diploma)