Sports Massage Therapy & Remedial Exercise ...methods to prevent & manage injury for athletes
...for the effective treatment, rehabilitation & support with:
- SPORTS INJURIES
- SPORTS PERFORMANCE
1. How can Sports Massage Therapy help me?
Sports Massage Therapy is effective in the prevention of injury by easing out areas of restriction across the body before they have chance to take hold as well as the treatment and rehabilitation of injury. I provide sports massage for a range of athletes including... triathletes, runners, golfers, horse riders, footballers, rugby players, bodybuilders, MMA fighters (mixed martial arts www.mdma.co.uk, wrestlers, archers, surfers.
2. How does Sports Massage Therapy Differ from other types of massage?
Sports Massage Therapy is focused on supporting the athlete as part of their sports program, it can be broken down into pre-event...e.g. preparing for a marathon, inter-event...helping at an event, post event treatment...providing rehab after an event. Sports massage is a deep, invigorating form of oil massage working directly onto the skin. This is not an holistic, deep tissue, spa massage style of treatment.
3. Sports Massage Therapy has many benefits...
- Improves Posture...by promoting musculoskeletal equilibrium
- Rehabilitation of an injury
- Follows a structured and clinically reasoned Short-Term and Long-Term treatment plan approach with goal oriented outcome
4. What happens during a session?
The first appointment is split into consultation, assessment, treatment and is usually 60 minutes, for more complex cases a 90 minute appointment is recommended. Treatment is a combination of the following as required:
- Remedial Soft Tissue massage
- Fascial Release
- Trigger Pointing
- Soft Tissue Release
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Joint Mobilisation and Stretching
- Remedial Exercise
5. How many sessions will I need & how long are treatments?
Appointments are normally 45 minutes (£35), longer or shorter appointments are available ... 30 minutes £30, 45 minutes £35, 60 minutes £45, 90 minutes £60, 2 hours £80. I will be able to provide an estimate on the number of treatments you are likely to need to help resolve the issue you've presented with.
6. Therapy Room
I work from home and have created a bright, uplifting therapy studio. The massage couch I use is a fully electric - height / back rest / knee lift - adjustable thickly padded, extra wide, heated spa couch. Changing facilities are provided in the therapy room which is closed off by screened doors whilst you prepare for your treatment.
7. 2018 Price List & Treatment Options
Treatments are undertaken from an uplifting, smart dedicated therapy space located at the following address within the Historic Market town of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
'Corner Cottage', No 2 Pasture Terrace, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 8DR' (opposite number 35 Pasture Terrace)
There is normally plenty of street parking available for up to 2 hours..
8. Booking an appointment or making a general enquiry
Text message is the best way to contact me, I can usually reply between appointments.
Andrew Brown - NAMMT (RMAdv)
Professional Associations - Registered Member Of
- NAMMT - National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists
Qualifications & TrainingAdvanced
- Hendrickson Method Practitioner (level 5)
- Advanced Remedial Massage Diploma - Northern Institute of Massage (level 5)
- Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage (to Therapy 1)
- Level 4 Sports Massage & Sports Injury Management (ITEC)
- Advanced Strategies in Deep Tissue Massage & Myofascial Release (Art Riggs)
- Provision of Remedial Exercise
- Introduction to Strength & Conditioning
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Somatic Movement Coaching HSE Level 1
- Tui Na - CPD
- Holistic (Swedish) Massage ITEC Level 3
- Aromatherapy Pre-blends ITEC Level 3
- Onsite Chair Massage
- Detox Massage
- Thai Massage (Levels 1 & 2)
- Hawaiian Facial Massage
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage Diploma
- Reiki Level 1 & 2 since 1999 ...Master/Teacher Level since 2006
- EFT Advanced Therapist
- Traditional Ear Candling