1. Reiki is a system of energy healing which promotes deep rest, relaxation & stress release
Reiki is a relaxing & restorative treatment with roots far back into India and more recently into Japan. Reiki combines the positive releasing effects of gentle acupressure with a relaxing and restorative, deeply healing energy flow that passes through the therapists hands to the client. I undertook the level 1 and 2 stages of Reiki training in 1999 after several years of prior work and training in other forms of energy work/healing. In 2006 I progressed to Independent Reiki Master / Teacher and have continued to practice since, helping many hundreds of people. Each day I practise Qui-Gong to help maintain health and energy balance which helps support my practice of Reiki and body work.
2. How can REIKI help me?
The following represent some of the issues regular Reiki treatment can help with:
- Stress & Anxiety
- Emotional Tension
- Mental & Emotional fatigue
- Physical Fatigue (ME)
- Sleep issues / insomnia - disturbed sleep
Reiki helps balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic tone in the body reducing stress levels and increasing rest and well-being levels. It works through the bodies energy fields and meridian lines to open blockages and help stuck energy move and release.
3. What happens during a session?
At the first session a written consultation is undertaken in a relaxed, friendly environment; this takes around 20 to 30 minutes. The treatment is performed fully clothed, laid flat on a very comfortable heated spa massage couch.... You are covered with a warm blanket for the duration of the treatment.
During the treatment I place my hands at specific points across body starting with the face and head and working down the front of the body to the feet. Here I will ask you to turn over where the treatment continues down the back of the body ending at the feet to ground you. It is normal for the recipient to fall asleep during a Reiki treatment and feel much more relaxed and at ease in the days following treatment.
4. How many sessions will I need and how long are the treatments?
Reiki appointments are normally 45 minutes (£35), longer appointments available. Reiki can be enjoyed as a one off treatment or as on an ongoing course of treatment for example in the case of treating Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
...please see the price list below for more information.
5. Therapy Room
I work from home and have created a bright, uplifting therapy studio. The massage couch I use is a fully electric - height / back rest / knee lift - adjustable thickly padded, extra wide, heated spa couch. Changing facilities are provided in the therapy room which is closed off by screened doors whilst you prepare for your treatment.
6. 2018 Price List & Treatment Options
Treatments are undertaken from an uplifting, smart dedicated therapy space located at the following address within the Historic Market town of Beverley in East Yorkshire.
'Corner Cottage', No 2 Pasture Terrace, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 8DR' (opposite number 35 Pasture Terrace)
There is normally plenty of street parking available for up to 2 hours..
7. Booking an appointment or making a general enquiry
Text message is the best way to contact me, I can usually reply between appointments.
Andrew Brown - NAMMT (RMAdv)
Professional Associations - Registered Member Of
- NAMMT - National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists
Qualifications & TrainingAdvanced
- Hendrickson Method Practitioner (level 5)
- Advanced Remedial Massage Diploma - Northern Institute of Massage (level 5)
- Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage (to Therapy 1)
- Level 4 Sports Massage & Sports Injury Management (ITEC)
- Advanced Strategies in Deep Tissue Massage & Myofascial Release (Art Riggs)
- Provision of Remedial Exercise
- Introduction to Strength & Conditioning
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Somatic Movement Coaching HSE Level 1
- Tui Na - CPD
- Holistic (Swedish) Massage ITEC Level 3
- Aromatherapy Pre-blends ITEC Level 3
- Onsite Chair Massage
- Detox Massage
- Thai Massage (Levels 1 & 2)
- Hawaiian Facial Massage
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage Diploma
- Reiki Level 1 & 2 since 1999 ...Master/Teacher Level since 2006
- EFT Advanced Therapist
- Traditional Ear Candling