Dr. Vodder Method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage
IMPORTANT NOTICE : Due to post liposuction / cosmetic surgery MLD rehabilitation massage requiring a course of multiple treatments in a short space of time it is ESSENTIAL that all appointments are booked several weeks in advance of your surgery otherwise I cannot accommodate you.
Qualified to 'Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage Technique' - Therapy 1 - About my training
I initially completed the Gateway MLD training which is a one day 5 hour continued professional development course which teaches a very basic simplified form of manual lymphatic drainage technique. This was helpful for me in deciding to take my training further by completing the official Vodder MLD training course which is the clinical standard. This entailed completing two blocks of 40 hours of formal training classes, 80 hours, plus around the same again in evening & home study time with approximately a further 40 hours of formal practice in between...then a full day of written and practical examinations to become an officially recognized Vodder MLD therapist. From here I have gone on to regularly provide post Liposuction Surgery treatment as well as natural detox well-being support programs using Vodder MLD.
1. How can Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage help me?
Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage has a powerful cleansing, relaxing, pain relieving and supportive effect on the recipients body. Vaser liposuction surgeons specifically advise a course of MLD to aid recovery and help the bodies tissues settle into the best shape to give the best aesthetic results without it the skin may go hard and bumpy and the wounds take a lot longer to heal. Vodder MLD may also be effective in helping to treat and manage Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and other inflammatory conditions such as the many arthritic conditions.
FOR PATIENTS REQUIRING BANDAGING AND THE TREATMENT OF SPECIFIC OEDEMAS (EG. LYMPHOEDEMA) PLEASE REFER TO THE MLD-UK WEBSITE FOR A COMBINED DECONGESTIVE THERAPIST; I DO NOT PROVIDE THIS THERAPY.
2. Manual Lymphatic Drainage Benefits
- Helps relax tight tissue post surgery reducing pain
- Speeds up wound healing
- Helps reduce inflammation
- Enhances the activity of the immune system
- Promotes deep relaxation aiding recovery
- Supports cellular oxygenation and nourishment
The unique Vodder Method of MLD stimulates a deep relaxation response which has the effect of releasing vascular spasm which can restrict the normal flow of lymph fluid through the lymphatic vessels.
3. What happens during a session?
The first appointment is normally 60 minutes and includes a consultation. During the treatment you will be covered in a large warm blanket and made comfortable on the heated treatment couch; with Vodder MLD there are a unique combination of very light skin-touch strokes applied across a region of the body to promote the superficial lymphatic vessels in the skin and if appropriate deeper strokes are combined with joint mobilisations to stimulate the deeper lymph vessels of the body.
4. Therapy Room
I work from home and have created a bright, uplifting therapy studio. The massage couch I use is a fully electric - height / back rest / knee lift - adjustable thickly padded, extra wide, heated spa couch. Changing facilities are provided in the therapy room which is closed off by screened doors whilst you prepare for your treatment.
5. 2021 Price List & Treatment Options
Mon / Tues / Thurs / Fri ....& every 4th Saturday...
...9am / 11am / 1pm / 3pm / 4.30pm
All therapies charged at the same rate :
60 minutes ….. £55
90 minutes ….. £75
All major cards, Apple Pay, Bank Transfer, Cash
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING :
- Cancellation Charges ... unless the appointment can be filled
- Less than 48 hours 50%
- Less than 24 hours 100%
- Missed appointments 100%
6. Booking an appointment or making a general enquiry
Text message is the best way to contact me, I can usually reply between appointments.
9. Qualifications and Training
Andrew Brown - NAMMT (RMAdv), Dip. Tui Na F BH®
Professional Associations - Registered Member Of
- NAMMT - National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists
- CNHC - Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council
Qualifications & TrainingAdvanced
- Tui-Na / Chinese Massage and Manual Therapy Foundation Diploma (Body Harmonics)
- Hendrickson Method Practitioner (level 5)
- Advanced Remedial Massage Diploma - Northern Institute of Massage (level 5)
- Dr. Vodder method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage (to Therapy 1)
- Level 4 Sports Massage & Sports Injury Management (ITEC)
- Advanced Strategies in Deep Tissue Massage & Myofascial Release (Art Riggs)
- Provision of Remedial Exercise
- Introduction to Strength & Conditioning
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Somatic Movement Coaching HSE Level 1
- Tui Na - CPD introduction (Gateway)
- Holistic (Swedish) Massage ITEC Level 3
- Aromatherapy Pre-blends ITEC Level 3
- Onsite Chair Massage
- Detox Massage
- Thai Massage (Levels 1 & 2)
- Hawaiian Facial Massage
- Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage Diploma
- Reiki Level 1 & 2 since 1999 ...Master/Teacher Level since 2006
- EFT Advanced Therapist
- Traditional Ear Candling
- ‘Pregnancy Massage’ gateway