Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage rehabilitation massage for post liposuction and cosmetic surgery
Qualified to 'Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage Technique' - Therapy 1 - About my training
I initially completed the Gateway MLD training which is a one day 5 hour continued professional development course which teaches a very basic simplified form of manual lymphatic drainage technique. This was helpful for me in deciding to take my training further by completing the official Vodder MLD training course which is the clinical standard. This entailed completing two blocks of 40 hours of formal training classes, 80 hours, plus around the same again in evening & home study time with approximately a further 40 hours of formal practice in between...then a full day of written and practical examinations to become an officially recognized Vodder MLD therapist.
1. How can Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage help me with my recovery from liposuction or cosmetic surgery ?
Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage has a powerfully gentle, cleansing, pain relieving and supportive effect on the recipients body. Vaser liposuction surgeons recommend a course of MLD to help the bodies soft tissues settle into the best shape giving the best aesthetic result after a procedure. Without it the skin may go hard and bumpy and the wounds take longer to heal. I only use MLD for post op work.
ANYONE REQUIRING BANDAGING / THE TREATMENT OF SPECIFIC OEDEMAS (EG. LYMPHOEDEMA) PLEASE REFER TO THE MLD-UK WEBSITE I DO NOT PROVIDE THIS THERAPY.
2. Manual Lymphatic Drainage Benefits for post op rehabilitation
- Speeds up wound healing
- Helps reduce inflammation
- Promotes deep relaxation aiding recovery
- Helps soft tissue heal smoothly reducing visible scarring
The unique Vodder Method of MLD stimulates a deep relaxation response which has the effect of releasing vascular spasm which can restrict the normal flow of lymph fluid through the lymphatic vessels = healthier soft tissue / better results after surgery.
3. What happens during a session and how do I book and pay
The first appointment is 60 minutes and includes a consultation and hands on MLD treatment.
Due to previous time wasters MLD appointments are only provided on an advanced payment basis; each individual appointment is paid for (£70 / non refundable) in full prior to attending. Bank transfer for the first appointment with the second appointment paid for when you attend your first appointment : Card / Cash / Bank Transfer. At each appointment the next treatment is paid for in advance for your treatments to continue. Please also read my terms and conditions / cancellations policy below before booking.
If an appointment is MISSED then your next follow up appointment must be paid in FULL in advance by bank transfer before treatment any further treatments are provided. Missed appointments with no communication from you within a reasonable time frame (24 hours) will result in ALL further appointments being automatically cancelled and no further treatments will be made available to you.
- During the hands on treatment you will be covered in a large warm blanket and made comfortable on the thickly padded, heated treatment couch with a pillow support for your head. Vodder MLD is a unique and highly effective combination of light, rhythmic strokes applied across a region of the body to promote lymph absorption through the superficial lymph capillaries located within and under the skin. Deeper strokes combined with joint mobilisations are sometimes used to stimulate the deeper lymph channels of the body. The focus of each treatment is to relax the skin and connective tissue (fascia) under the skin and increase uptake by the lymph capillaries to reduce swelling and promote and accelerate the bodies natural soft tissue healing. This translates into a reduction in tightness and pain/discomfort often experienced after a procedure and to bring about an overall better aesthetic result at the end of a course of treatment. I leave the room at the start and end of the session to allow you to dress/undress in private.
4. Therapy Room
I work from home and have created a bright, uplifting therapy studio. The massage couch I use is a fully electric - height / back rest / knee lift - adjustable thickly padded, extra wide, heated spa couch. Changing facilities are provided in the therapy room which is closed off by screened doors whilst you prepare for your treatment.
5. Booking an appointment
Message - Text 07747 842 748 with your name and best contact details, Please include the following:
- Type of massage you want.
- Brief description of what you need help with.
- Dates and times you are available.
…I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.
All treatments are 60 minute appointments, unless otherwise indicated and are charged as follows :
- Massage & Manual Therapy - £60
- Sports Massage - £60
- MLD - £70
- Reiki - £60
- Lomi Lomi - £70
- Relax Massage - £60
MON / TUES / WED / THURS / FRI
9am / 10.30am / 12.00 / 1.30pm / 3pm / 4.30pm
All major cards, Apple Pay, Bank Transfer, Cash
PLEASE ONLY ARRIVE AT YOUR
APPOINTMENT TIME NOT BEFORE
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING :Cancellation Charges … unless the appointment can be filled the following charges apply :
- Less than 48 hours notice, 100% of appointment fee.
- Missed appointments, 100% of appointment fee.
6. Qualifications and Training
Andrew Brown - NAMMT (RMAdv), Dip. Tui Na F BH®
Professional Associations - Registered Member Of
- NAMMT - National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists
Qualifications & TrainingAdvanced
- Sports Massage & Rehab (VTCT level 5)
- Advanced Remedial Massage (Northern Institute of Massage level 5)
- Hendrickson Method Practitioner (level 5)
- Tui-Na (Master CPD)
- Dr. Vodder Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Somatic Movement Coaching
- Holistic Massage (ITEC level 3)
- Thai Massage (Gateway level 2)
- Lomi-Lomi (Diploma - Infinity Training Academy)
- Reiki (Master Teacher)